Just a few things to ramble about.
So yesterday marked 2 weeks that Evan has been on Depakote. His Dr. ordered a Depakote level to be checked after he had been on it for two weeks. So since he stayed home from school on Wednesday I took him in to get the levels done. I guess the level was only 39 so we are increasing his doses. In the AM he will still take two tablets but in the PM he will take 4 tablets. I am trying to be creative on how to hide the medicine so that Evan will eat whatever it is in. We started with peanut butter and applesauce and now there are only three things that will work and those are pudding, yogurt and ice cream. So that means I have to be stocked up on these items so that I can make sure Evan gets his medication.
As far as Evan's seizures go, I still think he is having them at night. I actually think he had a small one last night around 11pm when he woke up, who knows. I am in a state of almost constant worry about them. I am trying not to think of it so much though. Although, that is much easier said than done.
School is going great for Evan. He missed two days this week because he was sick with a cold and cough. Now he has just more of the cough left. All of his therapies have started except for OT, but I was expecting that since the program specialist said that they are short for OT's this year. I really like his teacher and the classroom and I am excited for what is to come this year. Cynthia and Gabriel are into the swing of school really well this year also. Cynthia has a lot of things to do this year such as take the SAT's, apply for college, pass driver education, take driver training and get her driver's license. And if she wants to drive she will also have to get a job.
2 comments:
Daniel has also missed two days of school so far. This child hardly ever ever ever gets sick, and we start public schools and he gets sicker than a dog and passes it on to me.
Regarding the seizures i know it is hard and easier said then done, but try to think positive vibes and hopefully you'll get everything under control soon.
Come by our blog and pick up your award!!!
Thanks, I am feeling better now about the whole seizure thing.
That is one thing I knew would happen when Evan went back to school. It is just hard because he always gets that crummy cough and we have to start the nebulizer treatments. He is on day 8 and still has a little runny nose and cough.
Post a Comment