Friday, July 3, 2009

Burney Falls Camping - The Falls


So this was our 2nd Annual trip to Burney Falls for a week of camping. I still cannot get over how beautiful the falls are, it is breathtaking everytime I see it. Last year we did not take Evan down to the falls because it was just too hard without his chair and he tired easily and wanted to be carried. Try carrying a 40+ pound child up a steep incline or stairs, not the easiest thing to do. Well this year I was bound and determined to get a pic of my kids and my family at the falls. Well it did not quite work out that way because Rudy had to make some phone call for work and once we got down to the falls Gabriel ran off with his cousins and it was too hard to get his attention with the noise of the falls.

But I got Evan down there. It was not easy and I had to take him down two flights of stairs but they were not too steep so it worked really well and he laughed because it was a bit bumpy. Now going up was another story.

It was really hard getting Evan through all of the rocks but I was not letting him miss out. It felt so great to just work hard and get him down there.

Trying to get a picture, he did not feel to secure on the rock. It did not help that he would not let go of the orange shovel in his right hand.

He was crying but I took the pic anyway because I wanted the falls behind him.

This is a great pic of Cynthia and Evan

Now a pic of Momma and Evan
Maybe next year I will get the family picture











No comments: