Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Egg Hunting

I thought for sure Evan would get the concept this year of egg hunting but he still needed a lot of guidance to pick up eggs and put them in his basket. He did a great job with Daddy's help. Sometimes I hate the holidays when they are a reminder of things that are hard for my son, I am so glad that he is able to be a part of the easter egg hunt but I sometimes just long to be able to communicate with him or his voice or words.

Putting his new found egg in the basket
One thing Evan does get is candy, he loves candy so in this picture he sat down and started opening up his egss to see what kind of candy he got. Of course he could not eat much of the candy that was provided but he just wanted to be like the other kids and sit with his basket and have a candy feast. We were able to let him eat M&M's and marshmallow peeps that grandma brought especially for him.

Gabriel is an old pro at egg hunting but he is really looking for the money eggs. Plus he is not a chocolate lover.

So this year we had Easter at my sisters house and Evan was so tired and cranky towards the end of the day he did not want to eat dinner he just was crying so we decided to leave around 4pm then head to Rudy's aunts to see his side of the family thinking that Evan would be ok for a while once he had a little car nap. Well he lasted about 20 minutes over there and it was time for us to go. There was another 3yr old there and I told Rudy in the car that I wished Evan was a typical 3yr old, that it is so hard having to see what a typical Evan would be like talking and communicating and not throwing a fit all the time. He is like having a one year old for like 18 months. It is not often that I think about or wish that Evan was typical but there are some rare moments especially around holidays and around other kids that I have those thoughts. I love Evan and I would not change him for the world but it is still hard sometimes.

No comments: