I love this pic of Evan. He was just a couple hours old here.
Gabriel was very excited to be a big brother, he
was about 3 1/2 years. He was with us the entire labor
and delivery, although he slept up until I was pushing,
my mom stood behind the curtain with him and he was
very interested in what was going on.
Our kids, they are so big now.
Does he look like a 10.9lb baby
What a sweetie, too bad he forgot how to sleep:0)
Evan's First Halloween
Another sleeping picture
I took these pics on Thanksgiving, I had fun coordinating
outfits for the boys.
Gabriel was so sweet with his brother
Gabriel is still sweet with Evan even though he
sometimes has a hard time with the fact that Evan
does not play with him like a typical brother would.
At the time I did not know how important this milestone
of holding his head up and pushing up on his arms would be.
Nor did I know how hard he would work to meet other
milestones that are usually met in the first year. You
know the big ones such as rolling, sitting up, transistioning
from sit to all fours and back, side sitting etc.
My sisiter bought this outfit for Evan but by the time
Christmas came around my little chunky monkey
was too big for it. The snaps in the crotch kept
coming unsnapped. I think weighed about 20lbs
at this point.
Evan's 2 month check up, what a chunker. He was 18 lbs.

Here is the Birthday boy today at school.
Evan has worked so hard to get where he is today
and he still has a lot of work ahead of him, probably
something he will deal with for the rest of his life. I think
back and wonder if I would have wanted to know from day one
what was going on with him. I kind of liked the period of blissful
unawareness and thoughts that I had a perfectly typical child. But I would
have liked to find out sooner than I did, like after I mentioned my concerns to his pediatrician. But I am so proud of the accomplishments that Evan has made and I hope to see more this coming year.
Happy Birthday Bubbas We love you
No comments:
Post a Comment