So I took Evan to the Dr. today because he has been sick for about a week with a runny nose, cough. The cough was getting pretty nasty and he sounded a bit wheezy last night. So we went to the Dr. this morning and she sent us home with an antibiotic, prednisone and nebulizer medications. She said that when a child with asthma gets exacerbated asthma symptoms in the beginning of a cold she does not worry but when they get the symptoms towards the end of it she suspects that there may be some kind of bacterial infection going on. So she did not officially say pneumonia but it is probably something that was developing. So needless to say I am glad I brought him in.
Before Evan was diagnosed with his CP, I brought him to his pediatrician and she would always dismiss my concerns. So I would leave the office second guessing myself. Well once he was diagnosed, she would still make remarks about how mild his CP was and always bring up other kids who were more affected that Evan. After a while I decided to leave this pediatrician because she never took me seriously. Our new pediatrician is so awesome, she always takes me seriously and makes me feel that my concerns are real. I have taken him in and he has been fine but she never makes me feel like I should not have been there. She always writes prescriptions for any equipment that I need for Evan. She is awesome. It is a bit of a drive compared to our other office but it is well worth it.
1 comment:
I'm all about finding a doctor who listens--I'm done with those who don't take me seriously!
Post a Comment