Friday, April 10, 2009

Bandanna/Bibs

At Evan's school they do not want him to wear standard bibs because they say the are not age appropriate, which I agree but neither is a soaked shirt. So the school usually puts a bandanna on him in place of the bibs that I send. Well this is fine but they do not soak up the drool very well. So I went to the yardage shop and got material, plastic to go inside and then terry cloth for the back. I have made him 1 standard looking bib, then 1 bandanna bib and I have enough material to make about 15 more bandanna bibs. So check out our Wall-E bib.

The first day Evan wore it, the bib worked really well and his shirt stayed dry

Isn't my boy a cutie? Don't you love his mini-mohawk?
I am thinking of selling these so if anyone wants one or more I will be happy to make them for you.
Each bib has 3 layers
1st is cotton or flannel print or solid
2nd layer - plastic lining sewn to 1st layer
3rd layer is the terry cloth(colors are white, ecru, blue for boys or pink, white, ecru for girls)

Then I use bias tape around the bib for a nice look. Bibs are $5.00 each

10 comments:

AshleyS said...

I agree it is so much better than a "baby" bib!

Anonymous said...

how can i get these?

Anonymous said...

please email me @ jadedoyin@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello there,

My son Capers has cp and these bibs look great. Since he is going to kindergarten, I would like to order 10 bibs. School starts August 3, so if you can contact me asap, that would be great. kswgreen@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Kimberly Green

Alicia A said...

Please email me at alicia.the.runner@gmail.com I'd like to order some for my son. :)

Unknown said...

I would like to promote/highlight your bibs in our magazine. Could you please contact me next week that would be great. Chantai@parentingspecialneeds.org

Amy said...

One of our 3-year-old's IEP goals is to learn to wipe his face himself. I am wondering if your bandannas would work for this.

A couple questions:
- How soft and absorbent is the top layer? Will this work for repeated wiping without irritating his skin?

- Can these be laundered in a washing machine?

Thanks,
Amy - amybucklin @ yahoo.com

Amarilys said...

I love how your bibs look like. I would like to sell our product on our online store. Please email me at am@yztot.com

thara said...

I know this is rather late but do they come in blue?

Unknown said...

I would love to order some of these bibs for my son, how can I go about it.

Robert