Thursday, April 23, 2009

Love/Hate

Another special needs mom and blogger did a post about things that we do not like about having our child have a disability. That and a comment that was written by a teenager with CP have inspired me to do a Love/Hate post, things I love and hate about this world of special needs.

Let's start with the good stuff first.

I love:

Evan's smile

determination

Can Do attitude

the great ladies I have met in person and online

the things that being Evan's mom has taught me

Hate:

I hate that he has to go through this

I hate that people call him a baby

I hate the stares we get when he is in his wheelchair

I hate being sad when I hear other kids talking

I hate having to fight for what my son needs and has a right to have

I hate long days at therapy and dr appts

I hate when people say or write comments and probably without meaning to hurt my feelings

I hate when people assume that since he is walking that he does not have a lot of issues

I hate that I have to buy special shoes for him due to his AFO's

I hate that I can't just take him to any park to play

I could go on and on but enough is enough. Sorry this is such a downer post. But I should have some awesome baseball pics for our next post.

1 comment:

Ellen Seidman said...

I do not think this is a downer post, just very honest. I relate to it all.