Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Evan's IEP is Friday!! Yikes
I just realized that Evan's IEP is on Friday, this Friday, the one that is in 3 more days from today. I have not done any prepping but I still have the books I borrowed from WarmLine last year. So I will start doing some prepping today, tomorrow and Thursday. It should not be too bad because there is not something I really want that I probably won't get so I am not so stressed. Maybe that is why I forgot. We already have the school placement which will be Frankin Elementary in a Kindergarten classroom with a one-one aide. I know he will get speech, OT and adaptive PE and probably PT on a consult basis. I will ask for a PT evaluation but it is not my biggest battle at this point. For Evan we really need to focus on Fine Motor and Speech so I am going to ask for more speech, like 3x a week. He really needs to focus on vocalization, signing and using his Dynavox and all of that is not going to be accomplished in 1 or 2 30 min sessions a week. Anyway, we will just have to see how it goes. I do not anticipate any problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment