On Monday January 18, 2010 Evan had a 30 minute seizure, this was the first one that involved his respiratory system and also twitching of limbs and also the first one that was so long. I of course had to call the ambulance and administer his Diastat which is the rescue medication, I guess this made me think of how I remember dates and events that happened in the past.
It is amazing to me how easily I can remember dates because something special, horrible or important happened on that date. The day I met my husband(April 22, 1995), Our Wedding day of course, the day we found out we were pregnant with our first child(November 1999), the day I found out I was going to miscarry (february 21, 2000) then the day we found out we were pregnant with Gabriel (May 22, 2000), I can remember and recite the details of Gabriel's birth just like it was yesterday, I remember after he was born and I held him and told him" We have waited a long time for you." and someone (I think my mom or Dr.) said yes you have. I remember him being weighed and being 10lbs and how big everyone would say that he was. I remember when Gabriel was in the hospital for pneumonia and how I had to really fight for the Nurse practioner to see that something was really wrong with him. (guess that was training for my next child) I remember being pregnant with Evan and the day we found out he was a boy. I can also remember Evan's birth like it was yesterday, my labor with him was so painful right from the get go. The nurse hardly left my room and it seemed that everytime my Ob checked I had dialated another 2 cenimeters. I remember him being born and how big he was also. He was 10lbs 9oz, I remember they took him away for testing and I asked the nurse where is my baby, it seemed like he was gone for a long time.
Fast forward a few months and this is when things started to become noticeably different with Evan. July 1, 2005 was the day I took Evan to the Dr. because he was almost 9 months and still not sitting up or using his left hand. July 22, 2005 was our first appt with Dr. Asaikar and the tentative diagnosis of cerebral palsy caused from a stroke. Then August 19th we got the official diagnosis of Bilateral Perisylvan Polymicrogyria.
March 16, 2006 the day I had to quit my job. I was upset at the time but quickly realized that it was really a blessing because who knows what would have happened if I had kept up like I was going. Probably would have lost my mind.
June 25, 2006 the day we got in our hit and run car accident.
January 2, 2008 Evan's first visible seizure. He was laying asleep on Rudy's chest and we had just returned from a visit at Shriner's. After that I would always worry he would have a seizure if he fell asleep on the way home from a Shriner's appt.
July 2, 2008 Evan's seizure that he had while were camping, probably about the 4th or 5th visible seizure.
Thanksgiving 2008 - Evan's first prolonged seizure that required an ambulance ride. This year I remembered and worried that it would happen again. Then I thought after we had an event free Thanksgiving that he could have on on Christmas.
August 5, 2009- Evan has a seizure on the airplane on our way to Florida for our Make A Wish trip to Disney World.
January 18, 2010- Evan has a 30 minute seizure, I don't know if I will ever get the image on him lying on the couch in a daze and grunting while breathing and the guilt that washed over me because I was on the phone and did not realize what was going on.
I know that right now this most recent seizure is fresh in my mind and that some new event will take it's place. It is so interesting to me how I will remember these dates and events on the anniversary of the event. I wonder if this is something that all people do or does the event pass and then it is out of their mind for the most part. I know that I will probably never forget the day my children were born but I wonder if I will end up forgetting the exact dates of some of the stuff that has happened in our lives.
I wonder if I will ever forget these dates and what happened on them or if another event will replace them. I guess all of this was triggered by Evan's seizure on Monday. I don't know if I will ever get the picture out of my head. I
No comments:
Post a Comment