Saturday, August 9, 2008

10 Years

Yesterday, August 8, 2008 was our 10 year anniversary. It was so fun looking back at our wedding album to see how young and skinny we were then. It is wonderful to see how far we have come. We fought for custody of Cynthia and tried to make sure she was safe. We endured a miscarriage, and the rejoiced with the birth of our son Gabriel in 2001 and our son Evan in 2004, we also made the tough decision not to have anymore children. We survived buying our first house, first car and furniture. We survived selling the house, living with Rudy's parents, moving into our new house, Evan's Cerebral diagnosis and all the new things that came with that. We also had unemployment and a car accident to deal with. Everything with Evan is always going to be going on so that is just a road that will be sometimes more bumpier than others. Dealing with being a one income family is hard at times also. But we have come through all of this stronger than ever. If there is ever advice that I can give to anyone who is in a relationship or looking for one is that it is so important to be friends first, Rudy is one of my best friends, we tell each other everything, I think it helps keep communication open in the relationship.
Not the best pic because I took it while it was still in my scrapbook

Anyway, last night my sister watched the kids and we went to movie. We saw Batman Dark Knight, it was good. A nice neutral movie that we both could enjoy. We talked about making it a monthly event. I hope that we can do it more often for sure.

Even though we have our good moments and bad moments I feel very blessed to have met Rudy and to be married to him. He is a good husband and father and he works really hard for our family. Even though it is hard to imagine what our lives will be like in 40 years, I can see us celebrating 50 years when I am 72 and he is 74. I hope that we have many more healthy, happy years together.

I also got a card and beautiful roses and Rudy even sprinkled a few on the floor in the hallway, he is so cute sometimes, of stuff he thinks to do. It was so thoughtful.

No comments: