Most of you that know me, know that I love to scrapbook and it is something that I spend time on and take pride in, also it is very relaxing for me. I love to go to the scrapbook store with my friends and spend the whole day there. Most of us have special needs children and we use respite and head up to the scrapbook store by lunchtime, spend the afternoon scrapping, have dinner and then do a few more hours of scrapbooking. Anyway, I was changing out the pages in Gabriel's age 1-2yrs album and his 2-3yr album, and I just thought it was so great that he has these memories of his life that he will be able to look back on. I love showing off my scrapbooks to anyone who will sit and look at them. It will be especially nice when he is older and getting married and having children of his own. Same for Cynthia, although, I do not have as many pics of her beginning years. The only thing is that I do not have all the pics saved on discs because a lot of them were taken before we had a digital camera.
I love that my kids will be able to look at their albums and read about the little things that happened that perhaps they did not remember. Like when Gabriel was in the hospital with pneumonia when he was 2yrs. I love scrapbooking and I think it is such a special thing that I can do for my family. I am hoping that my sister n law will catch the bug with me. And then I hope to pass it on to my daughter and my nieces and perhaps my daugther n' law also. I just imagine looking down from heaven at my family and seeing my descendants looking at the scrapbooks and talking about how I started our family on this tradition.
So my next projects are to get my grandma's pics and write down her stories and then I want to redo my wedding album.
I have the following albums for the kids:
Cynthia - birth to 5 years, 5-10 years, 10-15 years, 15 years to present, school album that has elementary school promotion, junior high promotion, and high school stuff in it, and I will probably use it for college acheivements as well.
Gabriel - 1st year album, 1yr-2yr album, 2yr-3yr album, 3yr-5yr album, 5-6 1/2years, 6 1/2 years to present, school album that will cover up to eighth grade.
Evan- 1st year album, 1yr-2 1/2, 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 and I am going to start another one when I get some refill pages for the new album I just bought.
Then we have a family album that starts from just different parts of our lives before we had Gabriel, then we have albums starting from 2003 that document events in the family month by month, and I use calendar pages for those. Well, I put the month page up on the fridge and then write things in it that happened that month and then I put the pictures that correspond with the events that happened. So we are going on our 5th family album so far. I am trying to fit two years in each album. Doing pretty good with 2008 so far.
I also have a Christmas album, it is where I put all the cards that we get from Christmas, and I love when I can show multiple year of a particular family. I have a few families that I have 5 or 6 years of their pics. I have 2 christmas albums so far. I will have to start a new one for this year.
Ok, well that is my little soapbox about scrapbooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment