Sunday, November 30, 2008

Conversations with my son

Even though Evan cannot talk we still have conversations with each other, these conversations usually consist of him using a few signs, pointing or nodding his head yes or no and me asking questions and thinking in my head what would he be saying. For example we were sitting on the couch watching a show that I recorded for him called Horseland, I recorded it simply because it was about horses and I thought he would like it. So we played it and he was sitting on the couch and kept patting me on the shoulder and signing horse, he was so excited and I was thinking in my mind that he was saying "mommy, look at the all the horses, I love horsies." I would love to hear his voice and maybe someday I will hear him say Mommy. He does have a sound for me that he yells when he is looking for me, it sounds kind of like Ma, but it is definitley distinct for me. Evan is able to say vowels so everything sound similar.

No comments: