Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cross your fingers

Tomorrow we have an appt to see if Evan qualifies for IHSS which is a program that will pay me to take care of Evan. This is for children with special needs and it is something that I hesistated applying for because of Evan's capabilities. But as his behavior has become more and more to the point where we cannot leave him alone I decided that it was worth a try. It is hard for to work outside the home and if I can get some sort of income for what I do for Evan that would be so great. It would certainly help us out financially. Anything would be great until I can work while Evan is in school all day. So I wronte out this schedule of what I do for Evan and how long it takes, and I am going to use this as reference tomorrow.

Evan’s Daily/Weekly Schedule

6:30 -6:45 am – Wake Evan up
7am – change diaper, get Evan dressed and put on orthotics (20 minutes)
7:15 am Prepare thickened liquid or yogurt with medication in it (feed yogurt)(10 )
7:30 am brush teeth (5 minutes)
7:40 Bus Arrives (Monday –Thursday)
11:45 am Bus drops Evan off (Monday-Thursday)
12noon change diaper (7 minutes)
12:30 prepare lunch and feed lunch to Evan (30 minutes)
Keep watch over Evan
2:30 change diaper (7 minutes)
4:30 change diaper (7 minutes)
5:30pm prepare dinner and feed to Evan (30 minutes)
7pm give bath (20 minutes)
7:30pm get dressed, change diaper
8pm prepare and administer medication
8:15 lay down with Evan until he falls asleep
Wake up in the middle of the night to give Evan milk or console him during crying or seizures
Weekly appointments
Tuesday 1pm OT at CCS (30 minutes x 2
Friday 1130 am Hippo therapy at Ride to Walk (1hr drive x2)
Dr. appts during the month
Behaviors
- Open up doors
- Turn on gas stove
- Flood toilet and sink
- Eat food that is dangerous
- Open refrigerator
- Turn on water (hot)
- Run away down the street and not stop until a parent catches him
- Run into street
- Has to be in wheelchair out in community


My hope is that I can get about 40 hours a month but I will take what I can get just to get my foot in the door. Wish me luck.

No comments: