Evan had botox injections today Everything went smoothly. We arrived at Shriner's at 6am and did our check in. Evan coughed while we were in there and sounded kind of junky so the nurses had to let the anesthiologist know so they could decide whether or not he was ok to go ahead with the procedure. I was a little annoyed because they said that he was coughing up yellow stuff but he was not it was only when he sneezed he had a yellow buger. And first I met with one nurse who asked me questions about his seizures, medications and sicknesses and she entered all of this in her computer. Then we had to meet with the 2nd nurse who listened to his lungs and she asked me all the same questions, apparently the information does not transfer. Well, the Dr. listened to his lungs and he was fine so we were able to go ahead with the procedure. I was glad I did not get up at 4am for no reason.
Evan did great and he was casted in the OR so we are back to serial casting which means the weekly visits to Shriner's. But I am more than willing to do it because last time he was walking flat footed for a couple of months and it was so awesome. We already have confirmation that his left leg is about 1/2 inch shorter than the right leg, which is normal but I can only imagine what effects this could have on him in the future, so walking flat footed will definitley help. And we are going to get his next pair of shoes a bit larger and keep the inserts in the left foot to lift it a little bit.
I did not take any pics but I might go to his school tomorrow so I can video him using his device to tell his friends about his cast.
No comments:
Post a Comment