Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I have really thought about some changes I want to make this year. I want these to be permanent changes and not just something that lasts a few weeks or months. So here it goes

1. Start Weight Watchers and stick to it. This basically means I am going to start eating better and keeping track of what I eat. I have to find some pics of myself and hang them up on the fridge and in the car as an incentive to not eat crappy food. Plus, if I start eating healthier now then I will hopefully have less problems when I am older. Also, my other motivation is to be a good example for my kids. I would really hate for them to struggle with weight like I have. I am going to set my goal for 50lbs but measure it in 10lbs increments. Maybe I will get a little treat after each 10 lbs such as some scrapbook stuff or a new outfit.

2. Sit down with Rudy every pay day and plan a budget, more importantly stick to the budget. With my IHSS income, and babysitting income I am making about what I would at a part time job, so if we stick to a budget we should be able to manage just fine with all the necessites such as groceries and gas, and get help with the fun stuff such as putting the kids in extra-curricular activites.

3. Keep my house more clean and organized. My house is not dirty all the time but I have a lot of piles of papers and mail that just get moved around and then shoved in bags when we have company. I have a great filing cabinet and I am going to reorganize that so I can file things such as pay stubs, medical info for Evan, important papers. I also want to have the front of the house and my bedroom more clean so that if I have unexpected company I will not be embarrassed. Not super clean because that would just be unrealistic, but the floors vaccumed and mopped, the kitchen counters clean and wiped off and the dishes loaded in the dishwasher, toys and food picked up off the floor.

4. Work with Evan more on things such as letter and number recognition, read more stories and play games with him. He got two games for Christmas that will really help me to know what he knows. He got Memory, and Candyland Castle. Plus he also got a puzzle which I hope will be challenging for him.

5. Play with Gabriel - I am always so busy with Evan and cleaning or have kids that I am babysitting at the house, that I do not have tons of time for Gabriel. But I really want to sit and play with him. Legos or video games, things that he will remember when he is older and when he has kids.

6. Do some one on one stuff with Cynthia, such as movies or lunch. Remember to pick up something fun for her every now and then such as a Starbucks card or a small fun thing. The boys always point at toys and stuff they want at the store and sometimes they get it. Cynthia is out of that stage, but should still get a little something. She likes to read so books would be a great thing also.

7. Get back into the routine of church, now that gas prices are lower and my hubby is awake on the weekends, I would really like to get back into church. I really enjoyed going to Capital Christian Center and was so thrilled with their Champions program for Evan, but it got to be too much in gas with my driving to Lincoln on Fridays and then to Rancho for Church on Sundays.

8. Show appreciation to my husband and try to have a date once a month.

Well, that covers it so far. For me #1 and #2 are probably going to be the hardest. But it is my goal to struggle through the urges be it food or financial. What are your resolutions? Do you even make them?

No comments: