Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a week!

Evan has had quite a week already and it is only Tuesday. Sunday he fell off the couch and hit his head on the coffee table and had a huge goose egg on his forehead from that. Luckily our table is rounded edges or we would have likely been in the ER getting stitches. Then the very next day he was walking on the freshly mopped floors(after I told him not to) and he fell right on his face. He had a toy in his right hand and so he did not try to break his fall at all. He had a major bloody nose, and cut his lip but inside his mouth by his front teeth. He has a fat lip from that fall. Poor baby cannot even drink from his sippy cup. This is probably a good thing because he is getting more practice with the open rim cup. To top it all off he has a suspicios cough and congested, gunky nose. Today I bought a battery operated nasal aspirator and it worked pretty well the one time I used it. We are heading to the Dr. this week to make sure Evan does not have any type of infection and to check on his breathing. Oh the joys of a sick child. I did not take any pics of his owies but here is one to enjoy.
Evan is using his desk to trace letters on the cards and also put the correct letters in the cards to spell words.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

ooooh poor guy!!

DOESN'T THAT BATTERY OPERATED NASAL ASPIRATOR ROCK?!

I love ours! I'm kind of bummed out that Daniel isn't sick anymore..now I don't need to use it! ;)

BTW- Funny story, Daniel's teacher found you Evan's Blog and sent it to me because she didn't think I knew about you guys and the kids diagnosis are the same....I was like, OH yeah I know them!!! Small World.

Justinich Family said...

That is funny, how nice of her to think of you. I had to go to Babies R Us about 25 mins from my house because our Wal Marts did not have them, and I got the Graco one but I think it works pretty good. Evan does not like the nose sucker and runs from me but I catch and hold him down and then he is fine. We are heading to the Dr. today to check him out because he sounds a little wheezy to me.