Good thing he is so cute!!!
So Evan has been healthy the last couple of years, with only an occasional cold that usually goes into his respiratory and causes him to need breathing treatments and sometimes prednisone. He did have H1N1 this past winter but came out of it with no problems. His seizures have been under control as well.
However, I think he is having migraines which are causing him to vomit then sleep which is what he does when he has seizures but there is not physical seizure activity to say for sure if it is a seizure or migraines.
Lately, I have noticed Evan wheezing a bit when he is excerting himself such as walking fast. I even bought a stethescope so I could listen to him to see if I hear wheezing or any crackling. I am beginning to have to thicken his liquids again as he is having a really hard time with thin liquids in that he is coughing a lot. The other day he coughed so much that he caused himself to have bloody nose. Even this morning when I thickened his juice he was still coughing and sounding rattly or wet until he had a good enough cough. He does not always have the good cough. I am thinking we need to get back in to see the pulmonolgist and perhaps do another swallow study.
I have worried about his health detiriorating and I do not know if his brain malformation causes this or not. I know plenty of kids who are not as mobile as Evan but have a similar brain malformation and a lot of them have g-tubes and some got them when they were a little bit older. Not that I would be against a g-tube, it would make medication so much easier but I don't want one if it means that we have it because Evan can no longer drink by mouth. I probably would not even be concerned if his coughing had not gotten bad over the last few months.
I think Evan's health is always on my mind whether it be seizures or anything else. But I have learned to just trust my feelings because they are usually correct.
No comments:
Post a Comment