Sunday, July 6, 2008

Camping in Burney Falls, CA June 30 thru July 5th 2008


So after driving to Southern California, we spiced up life and on Monday June 30th drove about 4 1/2 hours north to Burney Falls State park to go camping. This is about an hour past Redding on Highway 5. We used to camp here when I was a kid all the time and it has been about 20 years since I have been. I have so many fond memories of camping as a kid so I was really excited to be able to bring my kids here. My parents, sister and her kids, brother, his fiance and baby, Auntie Karen and Uncle Gary(dad's brother), Uncle Mike and Auntie Colleen(mom's brother), cousin Joe and girlfriend Christina, and my auntie Karen's mom were all there as well.

The women and kids spent most of our days at the beach and the guys went fishing. Evan found this duck ring that someone left behind and he just loved it and became very attached. He never got in the water too much but played in the sand. He is spoiled and only likes warm water. I attribute this to warm water therapy since he was about 15 months old until he was 3yrs old.

Cynthia is always in the water, she has been this way since she was a kid and is 16 years old now and still loves the water just as much. We both got new swimsuits and got a lot of use out of them.

Evan and Mia are sunbathing.

Gabriel was having a lot of fun swimming and building sandcastles as well.

No comments: