Ok, we have some new things happening with Evan. As you know if you read this blog on a regular basis, we saw a new neurologist last week. So I am currently waiting on a call to schedule a 24hr EEG and Sleep Study. Evan had a seizure on Sunday night so I called the Dr. on Monday and we got Evan's Tegratol levels checked to see if it is at a theraputic level. Anyway, today we went to the GI dr. to see about doing a Ph Probe and determining if it is affecting his sleep. So we decided to do a Gastroscopy, which will require Evan to go under anesthesia and the will insert the Ph Probe at that time so he does not have to go through the uncomfortable feeling of having the tube put in his nose and down to his stomach. I am very excited to see if he is refluxing during the night.
The EEG and sleep study are also to see if he is having problems with either seizures or apnea or oxygen drops while he sleeps. I am hoping we get to the bottom of this soon and get him on a regular sleep schedule because I am so tired of being tired and I need to also work on my sleep pattern and getting it back to normal.
So since Evan has had another seizure since the last one on July 2nd, the neuro will be looking at his medication levels and see about adjusting or adding a new medication to his aresenal. Not too thrilled about more medication but if it means that Evan will sleep better and/or not have more seizures then I am all for it. '
Sorry for the lack of pictures. Our computer crashed so I am using the laptop and I have to download the Kodak Software to the laptop in order to download pics from our camera.
And on a side note, thanks to my mom and sister I will have a much needed child free weekend and I cannot wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment