We got Evan's new bike today. I was so excited and was waiting all day for it. It came around 4pm while he was napping. Rudy put it together pretty easily. It came surrounded by all the peanut foam and was packaged very well, and I am sure you can guess that I had a foam mess to clean up because the boys decided to play in it later. Oh, well.
Here is what we have been waiting for. Evan on the bike. I thought it would be smaller for him but we had to push the frame up as close to the pedals as it would go and lower the seat so he could reach. We have the back on it that has a handle but I think the other seat back would work better but then I would not have a way to help him push. He needs that right now.
It is a little hard for Evan to steer because he has a hard time keeping lefty on the handle bar, we are going to get a wrap for that hand. I know my guy he will be doing it on his own in no time.
Get this helmet off of me mom. It even came with a helmet and it is too big for Evan so either we will have to add more padding or just get him a new one that is smaller and save this for his next helmet. All in all we love the bike and Evan loves it too. We are so thankful to our friends the Sprangers in Michigan and our parents for helping us get this bike for Evan and we will prove those people who said that he does not have the concept wrong.
Here is the video, sorry for the position of it.
4 comments:
What a nice bike for Evan.
I remember when my son first started riding one. How exciting. :)
Go Evan Go!
Donna(mom to Trevor, 12 yrs old PMG and some more)
Chesapeake, Virginia
woo hoo!!! I'm so glad he finally got it. He looks great!
YES!!! He looks great in it!! I am so happy you guys took this, he will be going very well on his own soon. Plus even if it does take a while, he is getting great exercise on his legs/hips/arms while you push it!!!
It is so great to see Evan riding a bike, He will definently be riding it on his own soon. He looks so happy!!!
Love,
Aaron & Heather
Post a Comment