My Grandma Sara Frances Jones, who is called Frances, or Mom or Grandma by her friends, children and grandchildren and usually called "Jones" by her great grandchildren, celebrated her 85th Birthday yesterday. She looks so good for being 85 years old and we all told her that we hope we look as good as she does and are as healthy as she is when we are her age. She is the oldest of 7 siblings all girls and one boy. They are all still living and healthy also. I love having my Grandma around she is so sweet and caring and she has the coolest stories to tell about her life. I always remeber the story of how she and my grandfather came to be married. He was in the military in San Francisco and she lived in Florida and came to visit him and he convinced her to stay and they got married. But when I asked her who convinced her to stay she answered "JT"(my grandfather) but she said it with that little southern accent she has and she sounded like she was a young woman in her 20's again. I hope to someday do a scrapbook from all of her pictures and stories.
Great Grandma and the newest great grandchild Sophia
The kids got to swim and have ice cream cones. Evan is really enjoying his ice cream cone.
Happy Birthday Grandma and here's to many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment