Monday, May 19, 2008

Botox Injections Tomorrow 5/20/08

Well, Rudy, Evan and I will be heading to Shriner's early tomorrow morning for Evan to get his botox injections in his left hand. We have to be there at 6:30am(uugh). Evan's procedure is not even scheduled until 8:30am, so the two hours I am sure will be registration and getting ready, talking to the Dr. etc. I am a little nervous as I am everytime he goes under general anesthia which he will have to for this because apparently it is very painful because the needles are smaller and there are more injections. So we will post pictures and hopefully see some great results with this type of therapy.



Here is what I am going to talk with the Dr. about :



What do I need to tell the OT at school on how to work with him after the injections?



Can we do his leg at the same time since his serial casting has worn off months ago? If not when can we schedule Botox for leg and more serial casting?



Can you please write me a RX for physical therapy that I can get using our insurance and not CCS?(I found out that Shriner's will not provide the outpatient therapy-bummer)



What can we hope to expect from this treatment?



What about a hand splint?



So check back tomorrow or in the next few days for an update on how this went.



Off the subject, I am really sad and feel like a horrible parent because Evan has two cavities and will have to be put under to get them filled. We try to brush his teeth 2x a day but there are times I forget, I am really trying to remember to give him the seizure meds 3x a day and in my tiredness from not sleeping well for the last three years I seem to forget things. Seizure meds rank #1, but teeth certainly rank #2.

No comments: